STADIA VENTURES PARTNERS WITH MITRE TO IDENTIFY TECHNOLOGIES IN SPORTS & ESPORTS FOR U.S. GOVERNMENT AGENCIES
ST. LOUIS, MO – March 10, 2021 – Stadia Ventures is delighted to announce an official partnership with MITRE.
For over 60 years, not-for-profit MITRE has been working in the public interest to assist the United States government with scientific research and analysis including exploring new and expanded uses of technologies to solve its sponsors’ challenges. Like Stadia, MITRE understands that technology from sports and esports can transfer to additional industry sectors – like government. Stadia will provide a new source of innovation through their network of startups, portfolio companies, and sports and esports business leaders.
As part of the partnership, MITRE and Stadia have initially identified six companies from Stadia’s portfolio of 51 sports and esports companies that potentially match the needs of MITRE’s government sponsors. The selected companies will take part in an accelerator program that will match the founders with mentors from MITRE’s Bridging Innovation team of experts. And at the end of the program a Demo Day will be held to introduce the portfolio companies to members of the government agencies in a pitch/Q&A event.
The first cohort of Stadia + MITRE Accelerator companies include:
- ACE/IntelliGym (Hod HaSharon, Israel) – IntelliGym is a B2C computer-based training system scientifically-proven to improve athletic performance by boosting brain performance. ACE is improving athletic performance by boosting an athlete’s brain performance. Scientifically proven by NASA, DARPA and the Israeli Air Force, the computer-based training system, IntelliGym, has shown a 20%-30% improvement. (https://www.intelligym.com)
- Aireal (Frisco, Texas) – Aireal is a patented, geospatial AR-platform that allows digital content to be instantly placed anywhere in the world (with milimeter precision) and interacted with through mobile technology as if it were part of the real world. Their clients include Dallas Mavericks, College Football Playoff, Discovery Channel, and more. (https://www.aireal.com)
- Edge (London, United Kingdom) – Edge is a data-driven payments platform that is tackling the multi-billion-dollar problem of inefficient and analog gamer payments. Founded by a former sports lawyer, an ex-Nintendo executive, and a 16-year-old tech wizard; Edge seeks to unite a fragmented industry with an end-to-end solution for the gaming & esports industry. They are using the latest smart contract technology to help money move faster from publishers like Ubisoft, Riot and Blizzard-Activision to streamers, influencers, esports organisations, and casual gamers. (https://edge.gg)
- FocusMotion (Santa Monica, California) – FocusMotion combines a smart garment with a motion algorithm to create the only clinically validated, patented method for physicians, therapists, and insurers to assess and monitor orthopedic patient recovery both before and after the operation. Clients include the Cleveland Clinic, Lululemon, NIOSH, RhinoCo, GolfLogix and Zenjuries, and they were one of Fast Companies’ 2017 World’s Most Innovative Companies. (https://www.focusmotion.io)
- Polpo AI (Los Angeles, California) – Polpo AI has created a fully automated, online video content protection solution, offering fast and accurate discovery and enforcement against online piracy to content owners and broadcasters worldwide. Traction includes pilots with some of the biggest leagues and broadcasters (confidential) and requests for proposals from leagues such as the NBA. (https://www.polpo.ai)
- RC21X (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania) – RC21X created a human performance assessment tool that uses fun, easy-to-use video games to monitor brain performance, enhancement programs while improving on-field performance. Clients include over 600 NFL athletes through the NFL Concussion Settlement, NovaCare, American Amateur Baseball Congress. (https://www.rc21x.com)
Alex Chalmers, Director of Corporate Partnerships @ Stadia:
“We are delighted to be working with the MITRE team this year. They are leading the way in being the bridge between the innovation ecosystem and the government community and we are looking forward to the selected portfolio companies being part of this new program. Sports tech can find a home across a number of industries. We will continue to drive opportunities for our companies.”
Russ Graves, Director Bridging Innovation @ MITRE:
“The government is seeking innovative solutions from nontraditional sources. Stadia Ventures has a rich and extensive innovation ecosystem around sports technology creating an opportunity for MITRE to tap into the diversity of solutions that can solve similar challenges in healthcare, public safety, transportation, financial systems, cybersecurity, and defense.”
ABOUT STADIA VENTURES
Stadia Ventures is the global Sports Innovation Hub for early stage investment in sports and esports. The three pillars of the ecosystem include a broad, independent growth fund, a deeply connected global network of sports and esports executives and a world class accelerator which combine to create unprecedented market opportunities and new technology. The success of the Stadia portfolio companies has led to Stadia Ventures being one of the longest running and truly global players in the sports and esports technology space. It is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri and has expanded their presence to Frisco, Texas and Denver, Colorado.
For more information, visit: http://www.stadiaventures.com.
MITRE’s mission-driven teams are dedicated to solving problems for a safer world. Through our public-private partnerships and federally funded R&D centers, we work across government and in partnership with industry to tackle challenges to the safety, stability, and well-being of our nation.
For more information, visit: www.mitre.org.
Stadia Ventures Contact:
Director of Corporate Partnerships
+1 314 262 9263
External Communications Lead
What People are saying
I’m always amazed with how much Stadia has grown and how much the cohorts improve. It’s a great program and I'll always recommend it.
Lorin Hamlin, Head of Innovation Partnerships
I cannot believe how far we’ve come in 90 days. “Accelerator” doesn’t even begin to explain it. Maybe “rocket propelled” would be more fitting. So many talented people in sports, tech, outdoor and beyond mentored us. My network grew tremendously. My skills and knowledge grew even more. And we have a better business because of it.
Brad Luttrell, Founder & CEO
You win with people and Stadia sets themselves apart because of the people they are. And that they’re so willing to introduce to larger networks that you probably haven’t met before…and just help.
Anne Flannery, Founding Board Member
Women's Basketball Hall of Fame
After speaking with two cohorts this year, it’s led to two different partnerships with our conference and our member teams.
Amy Huchthausen, Commissioner
America East Conference
Stadia has created a powerful program to fuel activity in the sports entrepreneurial marketplace. Great resources, advisors and a passion for innovation makes the Stadia program an invaluable launch pad for emerging sports and esports businesses.
Chris Zimmerman, President & CEO
St. Louis Blues
I can definitely say the program was invaluable to my company and my professional development. Each week we focused on different important elements related to creating great brands and businesses. We had thought-leading guest speakers, beneficial exercises, and we received constructive critiques that made our businesses better.
Brian Jensen, Founder & CEO
Fishidy (Acquired by FLIR Systems)
We want to see technology that’s worth our time to look at. I get to know the startups that have been vetted, researched and diligenced by Stadia, and I know that I’m seeing the best of the best so it saves me time and money.
Javier Altamirano, Dir of Innovation
For the intersection of sports and technology, we’re a 100 year old company…but we’re always looking for the next 100 years. Stadia is a great place to find new talent, new startups, new technologies, and just a new way of thinking.
Bob Thurman, VP of Innovation
The Stadia Accelerator was a game changer for our business. The guest speakers they brought in were world class industry leaders. The mentor team put us in a position to take our business to the next level. I would strongly recommend Stadia to any and all sports startups.
Joe Shuchat, Founder & President
Winning Identity (Acquired by Blast Motion)
I like the opportunity to see Stadia’s companies first hand so that I can implement their technologies in our franchise and accelerate our growth. In addition, we get the chance to see the most cutting edge technology that’s emerging from across the world.
Khalia Collier, Owner & General Manager
St. Louis Surge
My expectations were exceeded by coming into Stadia…and having access to the wealth of information from teams and brands was extremely invaluable.
Meredith Cass, Founder & CEO
Stadia is not only interested in the companies that they’re investing in, but they’re truly interested in the people that are part of those companies. That sets Stadia apart from everyone.
Barry McPherson, Minority Owner
I come because of the community that Stadia has built. Some of the best minds within sports and technology from around the world.
Clyde Hutchinson, Chair
Sports Tech Ireland
Stadia is very unique in terms of how they bring us all together from every facet of sports and esports. We have interesting conversations and the networking that’s involved is second to none. It’s a perfect opportunity to learn about technology, about business, and I find myself saying that’s a great question or a great technology.
Jim Connolly, Dir of IT
Columbus Blue Jackets
Stadia Ventures truly fills a void by helping entrepreneurs bring innovation to the world of sports. The St. Louis Cardinals have enjoyed partnering with Stadia and their cohort companies as they develop new sports technologies and innovations.
Dan Farrell, SVP for Sales and Marketing
St. Louis Cardinals
Stadia network has a wide variety of people involved and it grows year after year. Once you’re involved you stay for life, and it has turned into a big family.
Declan O’Neill, VP of Business Development
World Wide Technology Raceway
Stadia has opened my eyes to some great avenues for thought and innovation. This exposure is a great help in directing the USGA’s activities.